EARLY & VERY EARLY WARNING SMOKE DETECTION SYSTEMS
What It Is
Xtralis VESDA – aspirated air sampling smoke detection systems actively pulls room air through a piping network to the detection chamber. Th
e detection chamber detects the presence of particles, which are created in the very early stages of combustion, even before smoke is visible. As a result, an active sampling of the air is highly beneficial when the protected area has extremely high air flows/air changes. Another benefit is that it reduces the reliability of standard spot smoke detectors. Xtralis VESDA detectors provide the earliest possible warning of an imminent fire event.
Why It’s Important
Why is this important? It buys time. Time to investigate a smoke alarm, to take action, and to avoid the danger, damage, and distruption caused by fire.
In a dynamic world, with demands on increasing performance and efficiency, comes the need for flexible solutions. Air sampling smoke detection systems can easily be configured for your facility to provide active smoke detection in contained air conditioning systems as described below.
How They Work (Video)
- Continually draw air into a pipe network attached to a detector unit.
- Passes the air through a dual stage filter to remove dirt.
- Sends clean air to a laser detection chamber for smoke detection.
- Measures the light scatter caused by any smoke.
- Processes the detector signal and presents the smoke level graphically.
- Communicates the information to a fire alarm control panel, a software management system, or a building management system.